Enjoy the benefits of:
- Starting salary of $62,000 as of January 1, 2023
- $10,000 hiring bonus*
- Pay begins in the Academy
- Pay incentives for military experience (E-4 and above) and college graduates
- Permanent, non-rotating shifts
- Spanish-language stipend
- In County and Out of County take-home vehicle program
- 12 paid holidays a year
- On duty wellness time
- Exigency Leave Program (80 hours for use during first year of employment)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance paid by the County
- Paid retirement under the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Uniforms and equipment provided
We offer a competitive salary for experienced officers. Click here for more information.
VA Veterans Benefits:
- Attending the Prince William County Criminal Justice Academy qualifies for use of the GI Bill® under the on-the-Job training or apprenticeships path. GI Bill® coverage is not the same for all veterans. Any veteran who chooses to take advantage of their GI Bill® Benefits will receive additional money plus your monthly salary while in the Academy, during Field Training, and through the probationary year. For more information regarding GI Bill® Benefits, visit the VA Web Site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
This institution is approved to offer GI Bill® educational benefits by the Virginia State Approving Agency.
*This bonus will be paid in two installments and is subject to all applicable tax withholding and reporting requirements. The first installment, $5,000.00, is payable upon the County’s first regular pay date following your position start. The second installment of $5,000.00 will be payable on the pay date following the completion of your probationary period.